Africa Healthcare Network (AHN) is looking for an Regional Head to overview centers in its operating regions. AHN is the first dialysis chain across East Africa, providing high-quality, life-saving dialysis at an affordable cost to both the local patient population and patients from neighbouring countries, which do not have centres of their own. AHN brings world-class technical expertise combined with developing world practical operating experience to a region in dire need of quality dialysis treatment. In North America, over 97% of patients requiring treatment for kidney disease receive care; in East Africa, less than 5% receive care. AHN's goal is to increase access to high quality care at a lower cost to patients, delivered through a sustainable business model.
Location: Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Burundi
Need: Next 6 months
AHN is seeking a highly-motivated individual with outstanding leadership and management qualities to fill the position of Regional Head (ZH). We are looking for a goal-oriented, personable and collaborative Manager. Based in East Africa, the RH will oversee all the centers in a defined region and will report to the Country Director (CD). As part of the clinical operations team, and reporting to the CD, the RH will oversee and manage the day-to-day financial, administrative, and human resource functions . The OH will help the CD in representing the organization for his/ her region of control.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maintain financial, administrative, and human resource policies and systems, ensuring they are aligned with AHN global policies and are in compliant with local law.
- Oversee the financial management of the various centers, including monthly cash flow and financial reporting, audits, cash allocations, and budget forecasting and planning
- Coordinate regular meetings with staff and provide training, feedback and mentoring
- Take the lead of large dollar spending for the region that they manage
- Proactively approach potential problems in the region they manage and deal with them before these problems come to light
- Frequently travel to centers in region to ensure each clinic is functioning to AHN global standards
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is an advantage, and experience in a health-related field
- At least 2 years of work experience in the private or public sector, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision; set priorities, delegate and work independently
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
- Ability to mentor and lead teams for strong consistent performance
- Ability to work with limited budgets and human resources without extensive structural or operational support
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic and flexibility, respectful of local norms and culture, ability to work with humility and urgency
- Knowledge of global healthcare systems
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint