Location: Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Burundi
Need: Next 6 months
- Sets up and operates dialysis machines to provide dialysis treatment for patients
- Mixes dialysate, according to formula.
- Primes dialyzer with saline or heparinized solution to prepare machine for use.
- Transports patient to dialysis room and positions patient on chair/bed at hemodialysis machine.
- Takes and records patient’s predialysis weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration rate.
- Explains dialysis procedure and operation of hemodialysis machine to patient before treatment to allay anxieties.
- Cleans area of access, using antiseptic solution.
- Connects hemodialysis machine to access in patient’s forearm or catheter site to start blood circulating through dialyzer.
- Inspects equipment settings, including pressures, conductivity, and temperature to ensure conformance to safety standards.
- Starts blood flow pump at prescribed rate.
- Inspects venous and arterial pressures as registered on equipment to ensure pressures are within established limits.
- Calculates fluid removal or replacement to be achieved during dialysis procedure.
- Monitors patient for adverse reaction and hemo dialysis machine for malfunction.
- Taking care of RO Plant and its regular maintenance activities
- Monitors stock for expiration dates, quantity, consumption, etc
- Coordinates with the Center Manager the scheduling of patients to ensure accommodations of all patients per Clinic’s policies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handle other team members in an very efficient manner.
- Qualification: GNM or BSc Nursing or Dialysis Diploma; Nursing Registration from Local Authority
- Experience: 1 – 15 years